Food Allergy Counseling
Knowledgeable about and experienced with food allergies, Tamara is committed to effectively helping clients, especially parents and caregivers, navigate the many mental health and relationship impacts associated with living with food allergies.
Some reasons why food allergic individuals and families might seek counseling:
- Feelings of anxiety, fear, guilt, sadness & loss
- Trouble navigating social or family situations
- Guidance needed on communicating about guidelines for food allergic child
- Guidance on modeling self-advocacy for child
- Struggling to feel resilient and empowered despite living with food allergies
Tamara provides counseling to clients at Gonski Counseling Services in the Northern IL suburbs. Due to counselor licensing guidelines, she is only able to work with counseling clients residing in IL, whether in person or via distance counseling. She is on a variety of insurance panels, and costs vary based on session length and format.
Want to learn more about counseling services, costs, or explore the idea of working with Tamara? Simply check out the Contact page, and send an email or give her a call, noting the best way to reach you. Please note: Communications via email or social media outlets are not secure. It is advised to limit personal heath information and details shared via these methods.
Food Allergy Consulting & Workshops
Consultations and workshops are offered for both the client population, parenting groups, or community organizations and clubs. Additionally, training workshops are available for counselors wanting to learn about food allergies or counseling food allergic clients (individual consultation is also available). Topics are customized based on the client's needs.
Sample of Food Allergy Consultations & Workshops for Counseling Professionals/Social Workers & other Health Professionals
- Individual case consultation
- Understanding the food allergy diagnosis process and how the diagnosis affects people
- Common mental health and psychosocial impacts associated with food allergies (and how they differ from other diagnoses)
- Family and relationship impacts
- Impacts on social situations
- Common feelings and thoughts parents/caregivers report
- Useful counseling models to utilize with food allergic clients
- Addressing the need to create a multidisciplinary team to effectively treat the whole food allergic patient
- General food allergy education, including the status of current food allergy treatment research
- Exploring the mental health and social impacts of living with food allergies to develop a more effective relationship between schools, clubs, community organizations, and food allergic families
- Effectively meeting the needs of food allergic families, students, or consumers
- Navigating and evaluating inclusion efforts of food allergic individuals